1. I do NOT need to pack an entire suitcase full of various boots.
2. I do NOT need 3 outfits for each day.
3. I do NOT need to schedule every single second while I'm there. The best things seem to happen spontaneously so the control freak aspect of my personality needs to be quelled...perhaps with a little High West Whiskey!
4. I DO need to remember that Utah liquor laws require the state liquor store to be closed on Sundays!
5. I DO need to pack a backup camera.
6. I DO need to eat dinner every day...note to self: Make reservations today!
Now that that's down in black & white, I can focus on the important aspects of the film festival---the movies! What an array of films there are this year. Each year, I think it can't possibly get any more exciting, but somehow it does. Here are Reel Honest Reviews' projected highlights:
In the PREMIERES category:
|HITS starring Julia Stiles, Micheal Cera, and Matt Walsh|
A MOST WANTED MAN
THE ONE I LOVE
THEY CAME TOGETHER
THE TRIP TO ITALY
WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD
WISH I WAS HERE
|COLD IN JULY starring Michael C. Hall and Sam Shepard|
COLD IN JULY
INFINITELY POLAR BEAR
JAMIE MARKS IS DEAD
THE SKELETON TWINS
|WHIPLASH starring Miles Teller and JK Simmons|
|LOCK CHARMER starring Esteban Lamothe and Eric Rivas|
Other noteworthy films: LAND HO
STRANGER BY THE LAKE
LISTEN UP PHILIP
ALIVE INSIDE: A STORY OF MUSIC & MEMORY
ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS
|ALIVE INSIDE: A story of Music & Memory|
SEPIDEH-REACHING FOR THE STARS
Now, watching 35 films in 6 days is nearly (but not completely) impossible. And I do pride myself on two abilities: 1. The ability to view 5 films in one day and 2. The ability to call the winners of the film race from year to year. But I will only be able to see a fraction of these films. Hopefully, a high fraction, but a fraction no less. Again, tapping into that laid-back personality (induced by High West Distillery, thank you very much), I will take advantage of everything Sundance has to offer and report back to you. You will be the first to know what's going to be hot in the coming year!
Be sure to comment on this site if you have a film at Sundance or a friend's film that you would like for me to see and review!